Back to the Frontiersman Directory
PDF Version of This Issue With Links
PDF Version of This Issue to Print
15x15 White Space GIF Image
Eagle 3
Frontiersman, November 2018
Frexit
Sam Aurelius Milam III
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI began to learn about my freedom at an early age.  In the late 1950s, when I came home from school with the Domino Theory, my father warned me that I'd lose a lot more freedom to my own government than I'd ever lose to the Soviets.  By the time that I was in high school, in the early 1960s, I was learning a lot about the nature of government, but not at school.  I was reading such things as 1984, by George Orwell, and the fiction of Robert A. Heinlein.  When I arrived at Texas A&M University, in the late 1960s, I discovered that the official student handbook proclaimed the university to be the sole and final authority in all aspects of my life.  I was forced, as a prerequisite to attendance at the university, to sign a loyalty oath that, among other things, acknowledged my acceptance of that authority.  I graduated from Texas A&M University in August of 1971.  Shortly after that, I was compelled, against my will and with the threat of punishment, into involuntary servitude in the U.S. armed forces.  My freedom was becoming obvious by its absence.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageFrom the 1970s to the 1980s, I became increasingly uncooperative with the misbehavior of the corporations for which I worked after graduation.    See Outward Bound, in Pharos.  I was laid off from each of them, mostly due to my escalating refusal to cooperate with their malfeasance.  By the 1980s, I was spending a lot of time studying the nature of government, and writing about it.  One result was my essay The Long and Winding Doctrine:  Social Contract.  It's available in Pharos.  The significance of that essay is that, while I was writing it, I developed the most important political principle that has ever been documented.  It is this:
5x5 Page Background GIF Image
The legitimate boundaries of lawful
government are not geographical.
They are contractual.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAfter I understood that principle, my understanding of some other things changed.  I already understood the evil nature of government as we know it, and I wanted out.  The principle showed me the way out.  The exit that I sought wasn't geographical.  It was contractual.  I didn't need to change my location.  I needed to change my status.  I needed to absolve myself of any and all obligations to any government, and to repudiate any and all records or agreements that might be used to allege any such obligation.  I needed to get out of the government's purview.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAccordingly, I began to make some changes.  I rescinded my driver's license and cancelled my Social Security number.  I allowed all of my vehicle registrations and car insurance policies to expire, sold all of my vehicles, and began to travel on a bicycle.  I allowed my voter's registration to expire.  I rented a Post Office box and began to minimize the use of my house address.  With the database in mind, I cancelled my utilities services and opened them again, using pseudonyms.  In 1987, the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 went into effect.  It required the presentation of certain specified government ID as a prerequisite for employment.  After the layoffs, I'd been trying to get temporary jobs but, when I refused to provide government ID, even temporary jobs became unavailable.  I became permanently unemployable but at least I was out of the income tax part of the database.  After that, I cancelled my passport and my medical insurance.  I closed my bank account and started using cash and money orders.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageEarly in the 1990s, an exploitive girlfriend forced me into a confrontation with the DA's thugs in Santa Clara County, California.  See Dealing With the District Attorney's Thugs, in The Rise and Fall of Mere Keep.  It's available in Pharos.  I avoided them for several years but, eventually, they forcibly abducted me at gunpoint.  I was forced to spend some time in their county jail, where they threatened me with many years of imprisonment.  One of the conditions of my release was that I was forced to voluntarily sell my house and property.  The girlfriend got most of the funds but at least I got out of the property tax part of the database.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBy the 2000s, access to the internet was sufficiently inexpensive that a friend was able to provide me with internet access.  At the time, I failed to foresee some of the possible consequences of using the internet.  Instead, I perceived the internet as a place for the free and uncensored exchange of information.  I saw it as an opportunity to make my ideas and my
Arrow

February 2022Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 http://frontiersman.org.uk/
     Page 1

writing available to more people, so I started my first website.  For a while, I opened various internet accounts.  Some friends made it possible for me to have access to PayPal and eBay and I tried, with little success, to sell things.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageGradually, the nature of the internet began to change.  See The Battle of the Internet, in the January 2012 issue.  Belatedly, I began to understand some of the implications.  After that, I started either cancelling some of my internet accounts, or letting them expire.  Recently, eBay began to require Social Security numbers from sellers.  I'd never made more than a few dollars per year anyway, so I stopped trying to sell on eBay.  I still have a few internet accounts, but I'm trying to minimize my presence in the internet.  I'm avoiding the social media entirely.  Those accounts are a gold mine of surveillance for the government.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageA few years ago, one of my family members provided me with a cell phone, so that I could be reached, if necessary, by certain family members who were in poor health.  Cell phones are tracking and surveillance devices so, after the family situation changed, I allowed the cell phone to expire.  For a while, a family member provided me with access to cable TV.  When voice activated remote controls began to come into use, cable TV became a surveillance network   See A Question of Intelligence, in the January 2017 issue.  I disconnected from cable and installed a TV antenna.  I don't get as many channels, and the signal quality is intermittent, but the TV antenna can't be used to spy on me.  I hope to avoid, or at least to minimize, riding in vehicles that have face recognition and voice recognition features, GPS, remote access, and self-driving features.  See Carnet:  Rise of the Machines, in the June 2018 issue, and Chrysler Zero Day, in the Frontiersman video collection.  I try to be careful what I say in the presence of an Alexa spy device that I noticed in a place that I sometimes visit.  My computers don't have any microphones or webcams.  I refuse to get a COVID vaccine, or to be tested for COVID.  The various COVID ID schemes, and so-called contact tracing, are a treasure trove of information, revealing to the police state all of our personal activities and behaviors.  It's deplorable that so many people willingly cooperate with such authoritarian practices.  My real name still appears on my writing because it's a matter of personal integrity to me to publish my work under my real name.  Other than that, I'm as far out of the purview of the police state as I can get.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhile I was writing this article, two copies of my January issue, sent to prisoners in Laurinburg, North Carolina, were returned.  Stamped on them was "RETURN TO SENDER  This facility DOES NOT accept friend and family mail directly.  You MUST USE TextBehind.com to send mail to any inmate in this facility."  Those prisoners had been subscribers for a long time.  It seems that a policy has changed, and that the police state is now starting to redirect prisoners' U.S. mail through the internet.  Maybe, eventually, all U.S. mail will become visible in the internet.  I didn't investigate TextBehind.com.  To even access their website would load data about me into the database.  I cancelled the two subscriptions.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne of my objectives all along has been to establish freedom in my life.  Some people think that my actions have taken away my freedom.  The ability of those people to think at all has been impaired by false assumptions, lies, and misinformation.  See Somnambulant Society, in the August 2015 issue.  Those people believe that they have freedom.  They don't have any freedom, just a lot of permission.  My actions haven't taken away my freedom.  The police state has taken away my freedom.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf we want freedom in our lives, then we need to forgo the commotion of protest demonstrations.  They polarize opinion and motivate opposition.  They can be disrupted by cops provocateur, or discredited by government lies, and they don’t result in freedom.  Instead, they make the government stronger by giving it excuses to spread alarmist propaganda, and put more cops on the streets.  We also need to forgo the notion of revolutions.  Whether a revolution fails or succeeds, it's needlessly destructive.  If it fails, then the destruction actually increases the need for government.  If it succeeds, then it only replaces the previous tyranny with a new tyranny, more of the same with a different name.  See Be the Revolution, in the January 2021 issue, and consider the results of every past revolution that has ever happened.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIf we want freedom in our lives, then we don't need to oppose the police state as political factions, but to exit from its purview as individuals.  It will work if enough of us do it.  I've presented the idea here, and provided the best example that I can provide.  Now, we need a catchy word for it.  That will be more persuasive than logic for people who've been conditioned by political slogans, sound bites, bumper stickers, and commercial jingles.  When the British wanted out of the EU, they made up a word for it, Brexit.  The idea here isn't the same as Brexit but maybe I can use a similar trick of usage.  Maybe a combination of freedom and exit will work.  How about Frexit?10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun
Page 2Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 February 2022

Letter to the Editor
Dear Sam,
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageHello and thank you for your Nov 2021 Frontiersman.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageOne article in particular caught my attention. "Truth".
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageLike you, I also watched all the shows about the 20th anniv. about "9-11".  And I don't remember the names of the shows, but I watch two shows about "9-11", they aired back to back on P.B.S.15x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe first show, a black woman claimed she was in the office that the plane directly hit, at the Pentagon.  She claimed fellow office workers "heroically" lifted her out of the wreckage, and made a human pyramid, that she climbed and exited a window.  And everyone else perished after saving her.  Gee's, what heroism!  Then the very next show, claimed that the section of the Pentagon that got hit, was thankfully empty, because it was being renovated, so there was no victims, thankfully!!!
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhat the fuck?  Direct opposition in the stories.  I remember back when the story they told was that there was no victims at the Pentagon because it was being renovated.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSo, why change the story now?  Just like the airplane that went down in PA.  The bullshit story of "let's roll", about how the passengers "heroically" forced the cockpit door open and crashed the plane to stop the terrorist.  I wish the government would give up on the bullshit stories and just tell us the truth.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageBe well my friend.
—S. H., a prisoner
15x15 Page Background GIF Image
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou're correct about the story.  The Pentagon wasn't hit by an airplane.  Four airplanes were hijacked.  Three airplanes crashed.  One airplane is missing.  That calls the entire story into question.
—editor
Current World Population
https://www.census.gov/popclock/world
Population Curve
http://frontiersman.org.uk/Population/Curve.html

Snow Flakes
As Retold by Sam Aurelius Milam III
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Tom C., of  Redwood City, California.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageIt snowed Friday night.  This morning, me and the kids went out and built a snow man.
8:00 AM We built the snowman.
8:12 AM The kids got bored and went inside to watch the Saturday morning cartoons.
8:14 AM The feminist next door criticized me for not making a snow woman.
8:15 AM I made a snow woman.
8:20 AM The feminist came back and complained that the snow woman's apron and bonnet depicted her in a domestic role.
8:21 AM A homosexual couple living nearby complained that I should have built two snowmen.
8:25 AM The vegans at the end of the block complained about the carrots that I'd used for noses.  They said that food shouldn't be used for decorations.
8:28 AM A black couple from the other end of the block criticized me for making only white snow people.
8:30 AM I used some spray paint but the can was almost empty so I was able to make only one of the snow persons black.
8:35 AM The redneck three houses over called me names for promoting mixed-race relationships.
8:37 AM The black couple came back and accused me of racism for using blackface on a white snow person.
8:40 AM The transgender man woman person from down the street criticized me for using black paint instead of rainbow colored paint.
8:42 AM The middle eastern gent from across the street complained that the apron didn't completely cover the snow woman.
8:50 AM A TV news crew showed up and filmed me for the Nine O'clock News, where I was depicted as a racist sexist homophobe.
9:15 AM County social workers, who'd seen the TV coverage, arrived and took my children into custody.
9:16 AM Far left protesters marched down the street demanding that I be arrested.
9:20 AM A Council on Equality activist, who'd seen the TV coverage, arrived and gave me an application form for their sensitivity and diversity training classes.
9:30 AM Anti-smoking activists, who'd seen the TV coverage, picketed my front yard because of the pipe in the snowman's mouth.
9:36 AM Far right protesters, offended by the far left protestors, marched down the street demanding that both I and the far left protestors be arrested.
9:39 AM A Homeland Security investigator, who'd seen the TV coverage, showed up and threatened to have me sent to an undisclosed location, south of Florida.
9:41 AM My wife finished packing her things and left, to go stay with her mother.
9:45 AM The boss called me and told me not to come back to work on Monday.
9:50 AM I sat down at the kitchen table and started drinking bourbon.  All that me and the kids had wanted to do was to build a snowman.  Thank God it didn't occur to us at the time to lay down together and make snow angels.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

February 2022Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
     Page 3

Frontiersman
c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive
Gainesville, Georgia  30507

15x5 Page Background GIF ImageWhy should we be in such desperate haste to succeed and in such desperate enterprises?  If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
—Henry David Thoreau

Flag

Acknowledgments
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageMy thanks to the following:   El Dorado Bob;  Betty;  R. O., of Stockton, California;  and Sir Donald the Elusive.
— editor
Websites
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://frontiersman.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://moonlight-flea-market.com/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://pharos.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sam-aurelius-milam-iii.org.uk/
15x5 Page Background GIF Imagehttp://sovereign-library.org.uk/10x5 Page Background GIF ImageGun

Humorous Quotes
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Marilyn B.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageDon't worry about avoiding temptation as you grow older, it will avoid you.
—Winston Churchill
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageI don't feel old.  I don't feel anything until noon.  Then it's time for my nap.
—Bob Hope 
Signs That You're a Hillbilly
Original Source Unknown.  Forwarded by Don G.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou stand under the mistletoe at Christmas and wait for cousin Sue Ellen to walk by.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour mother stomped into the house and announced, "The feud is back on!"
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe antenna on your truck is a danger to low flying airplanes.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour grandmother was asked to leave a bingo game because of her language.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageNobody can tell what color your car is because of the dirt.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe only condiment on your dining room table is an economy size bottle of ketchup.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageYour father encourages you to quit school because Larry has an opening on the lube rack.
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageThe diploma hanging in your den contains the words "Trucking Institute".
10x5 Page Background GIF ImageYou've never paid for a haircut.10x5 Page Background GIF ImageInfinity Symbol

Frontiersman
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageAvailability — Assuming the availability of sufficient funds, subscriptions to this newsletter in print, copies of past issues in print, and copies of the website on CDs are available upon request.  Funding for this newsletter is from sources over which I don't have any control, so it might become necessary for me to terminate these offers or to cancel one or more subscriptions at any time, without notice.  All past issues are presently available for free download at the internet address shown below.  Contributions are welcome.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageCancellations — If you don't want to keep receiving printed copies of this newsletter, then return your copy unopened.  When I receive it, I'll terminate your subscription.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageReprint Policy — Permission is hereby given to reproduce this newsletter in its entirety or to reproduce material from it, provided that the reproduction is accurate and that proper credit is given.  I do not have the authority to give permission to reprint material that I have reprinted from other sources.  For that permission, you must apply to the original source.  I would appreciate receiving a courtesy copy of any document or publication in which you reprint my material.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImageSubmissions — I consider letters, articles, and cartoons for the newsletter, but I don't pay for them.  Short items are more likely to be printed.  I suggest that letters and articles be shorter than 500 words but that's flexible depending on space available and the content of the piece.
15x5 Page Background GIF ImagePayment — This newsletter isn't for sale.  If you want to make a voluntary contribution, then I prefer cash or U.S. postage stamps.  For checks or money orders, please inquire.  You can use editor@frontiersman.org.uk for PayPal payments.  In case anybody's curious, I also accept gold, silver, platinum, etc.  I don't accept anything that requires me to provide ID to receive it.
— Sam Aurelius Milam III, editor
At the Christmas party, the optometrist made a spectacle of himself.

Page 4Frontiersman,0c/o 4984 Peach Mountain Drive, Gainesville, Georgia  30507
 February 2022

15x15 White Space gif Image
15x15 White Space gif Image
Back to the Frontiersman Directory
Back to the Beginning of This Issue